Last updated: June 26, 2023
1. Agreement and Consent
Use of the App and Services and access to the Site is restricted to individuals who have reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside.
Wüdya will collect personal information about you when you register through use of the App, to enable Wüdya to set up an account for you, and so that Wüdya can provide the features and functionality offered through use of the App (collectively, the “Services”) to you.
Creation of an account is required to receive the Services. To do so, you will be asked to disclose various information about yourself including, without limitation:
- your name;
- your sex;
- your height;
- your dietary habits, practices and restrictions;
- your drinking habits;
- your smoking habits;
- your other drug habits;
- your pets;
- your date of birth;
- your place of birth;
- your ethnicity / cultural background;
- your home address;
- your e-mail address;
- your mobile number;
- your religion and/or spiritual beliefs;
- your political views;
- your level of education;
- your job title;
- your language skills;
- your activity level;
- your parental status and details about your children;
- your level of income;
- your occupation or category of profession;
- your employment history;
- your personal biography;
- your relationship status and relationship history;
- your sexual orientation;
- your gender identity;
- your pronoun choices;
- your relationship goals; and
- your interests, preferences and personal views in terms of various matters.
Wüdya will only require disclosure of your first name, surname, e-mail address, mobile number, date of birth, gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, personal interests and city (and country) of residence. We will also require that you submit three pictures of yourself which will form part of your public profile as well as additional pictures of yourself in one or more specific poses and in conformity with other specifications specified by for Wüdya.
You are free not to disclose other personal information solicited in conjunction with your creation of an Account or a profile tied to your Account. If you elect not to provide a date of birth, you will be required to confirm your age at the time of creation of the Account to confirm that you have reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside.
You also have the option of uploading photos or videos of you through he App and having these form part of your profile and providing other content. The App will also allow you to capture video and pictures using your mobile device and have these automatically associated and integrated within your profile. To do so, you will need to provide the App with permission to access your mobile device’s photo album and/or your mobile device’s camera and microphone.
If you create an account through a pre-existing Facebook or Google account, Wüdya will collect personal information from such account. Likewise, if you create a profile for your Account through a pre-existing Facebook or Google account,
Moreover, you acknowledge and understand that:
(i) your use of the App entails collection of the following personal information about you:
- certain details of your access to and use of the App, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App;
- your mobile device’s telephone number
- details about the mobile device on which the App is installed, including device ID and device settings;
- your current geographic location;
- a history of your geographic location and movement;
- the name of other users of the App with whom you have interacted and details of such interactions;
- locations that you have frequented;
- the information obtained through the App that you have chosen to share with others and the identity of such other individuals;
- personal information forming part of the content you have uploaded, posted, distributed or published through the App including, without limitation, that found in pictures, drawings (and other representations), video, audio recordings, messages, posts and other communications;
- your communications with other users;
- your communications with Wudya;
- your search history in terms of individuals, events or promotions offered through the App (“Promotions”), including search requests and search criteria and viewed and selected results;
- your browsing history in terms of individuals and their profiles, including profiles that have been viewed or been saved;
- stored information and files (the App may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information);
- your purchase history in terms of subscriptions or Services, and details thereof;
- the status and details of your purchased subscriptions or Services;
- the details of your purchase of third party goods or services through the App; and
- your access and use history in regard to the App.
Please note that this personal information may be collected even when you are not making active use of the App and the App will not provide notice if and when such personal information is collected.
(ii) When you access and use the Site the following personal information about you will be collected:
- information about your computing device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, operating system, browser type, mobile network information;
- Your IP address;
- The date and time of your visit; and
- The webpages that you have visited, the sequence in which these were visited and the amount of time spent on each.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your computing device. This currently includes, without limitation, use of Google Analytics cookies. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your device. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our App or Site.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the App, Site and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Wüdya, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related access or usage statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
Wüdya may also use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps or other online services (behavioral tracking), including Google Analytics. To learn more or to opt-out of tailored advertising please visit Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada Opt-Out Tool for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on or through the App and/or Site.
The information Wüdya collects automatically is statistical information and may include personal information. Wüdya may maintain it or associate it with personal information it collects in other ways, that you provide to Wüdya, or that Wüdya receives from third parties. This usage information helps Wüdya improve the efficiency and effectiveness of its marketing activities as well as improve the App and Site, and to deliver a more personalized service, including by helping Wüdya to:
- Estimate its audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences and customize the App and Site according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches;
- Improve the relevance of advertisements displayed to you on the Site or in conjunction with your use of the App; and
- Recognize you when you use the App and/or Site.
If you do not want us to collect this information do not download the App or delete it from your device and do not access the Site.
(iii) Other users of the App may also provide us with information about you, including complaints and other reports, as well as inquiries relating directly or indirectly to you.
(iv) From time to time, you may be asked to participate in surveys and focus groups, or to otherwise provide us with your feedback and testimonials, as well as share your views in terms of our products and services and your interactions with other users of the App.
(v) When you contact us with questions or feedback, records will be created which may include personal information that you share with us in terms of the foregoing and in terms of any follow-up communications.
The primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide and improve the App and Services and to administer your use of the App and Services. Personal information can also be used to validate your eligibility to use the App and Services. Wüdya may also use personal information to interact with you in terms of your use and the improvement of the App and Services.
With all of the information Wüdya receives or collects, it will create an individual profile for you and identify patterns and preferences relating to you (your “Personal Profile”). Wüdya will also identify individuals that appear to be compatible or generally aligned with your Personal Profile, in regard to inquiries that you or other users make through use of the App, in addition to satisfying the other criteria that you inputted in regard to such inquiries.
Wüdya may also use personal information to prevent fraud and other illegal or unauthorized activities and to comply with applicable laws and our other obligations. Likewise, Wüdya may use personal information to protect, maintain and enforce our rights, whether contractual, common law, statutory or otherwise.
If you have elected to receive marketing, promotional and/or informational materials about Wudya’s products and services or those of our third party partners, Wüdya may use your personal information to send you such materials.
Wüdya may also use personal information to the extent otherwise permitted by applicable laws.
Wüdya may use your personal information for purposes not outlined above where Wüdya has disclosed such purposes to you and you have consented to use for such purposes.
Wüdya will also compile general statistics and other analytical information using your personal information. Such information will be aggregated from all users of the App and will be anonymized (“Aggregated Data”). Aggregated Data no longer contains any personal information and your personal information will not be capable of being reconstructed or extracted from Aggregated Data. Aggregate Information is therefore not personal information and can be freely used by Wüdya, disclosed to third parties and/or otherwise commercialized or monetized freely without consent and/or compensation. Wüdya will exclusively own Aggregated Data.
5. Storage and Retention
Wüdya will retain your personal information for such time as you have an Account. Wüdya may retain your personal information after deletion of your Account to preserve evidence that is relevant in terms of any threatened, potential or actual claims or where Wüdya is required to do so pursuant to applicable laws.
Wüdya will not give your personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes or disclose your personal information to anyone other than as needed to provide the Services or as required by any applicable laws or civil authorities.
In order to provide the Service, Wüdya may store or process your personal information outside of Canada, including, without limitation, the United States.
Wüdya reserves the right to disclose such personal information if such disclosure is made pursuant to a legal proceeding or otherwise required by law.
Wudya will implement reasonable security measures and safeguards to prevent unauthorized access, reproduction, disclosure, use, interception, alteration, deletion or publication of same and to limit access to such personal information to Wudya employees, contractors, agents and representatives who need to know such personal information for the delivery of the Services and operation, maintenance and administration of the App.
Wüdya may disclose your personal information to service providers Wüdya retains to provide the Services. Service providers we use may be located outside of the jurisdiction in which you reside and use of service providers may involve cross-border data transfers. In conjunction with the foregoing, Wüdya will ensure that such service providers are contractually required to safeguard your personal information in their care and not to use it for any purpose other than the delivery of services to Wudya.
Wüdya may freely disclose Aggregated Data without notice to you. As mentioned above, Aggregated Data no longer has any association with you and is therefore not personal information.
Wüdya may also disclose your personal information to law enforcement and government bodies to enforce and comply with the law. Wüdya may disclose your personal information that is in its possession or control to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as Wüdya, in its sole discretion, believes necessary or appropriate: (a) to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas); (b) to protect Wüdya’s property, rights, and safety and the property, rights, and safety of a third party or the public in general; and (c) to identify and stop any activity that it considers illegal, unethical, or legally actionable.
We may share personal information in conjunction with any proposed amalgamation, merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, liquidation or other similar transaction or undertaking. In each such situation, recipients of personal information will be required to sign and be bound by confidentiality obligations in regard to such personal information which safeguards such personal information and prevents said recipients from any disclosure, use, retention or reproduction other than as required for the completion of the aforementioned transaction or undertaking.
Wüdya will delete your personal information within ninety (90) days following: (i) deletion of your Account; or (ii) your written request for us to do so. If you request that Wüdya deletes your personal information or any portion thereof, Wüdya may, in its sole discretion, cancel, suspend or restrict use of your Account. Deletion of your personal information will be undertaken in a secure and permanent manner. Wüdya may retain archived copies of your personal information beyond such ninety (90) day period in the following circumstances:
- where there have been complaints by other users in terms of your conduct;
- where there is any claim or potential claim involving or relating to you, whether directly or indirectly;
- where you have completed any transaction involving Wüdya (in which case personal information relating to such transaction will be retained for a period of seven (7) years from the date of such transaction);
- where retention for a longer period of time is permitted in your jurisdiction of residence;
- where we are asked by any law enforcement agency or regulatory authority to do so; or
- where retention for a longer period of time is otherwise required by applicable laws.
Please note that personal information shared with other users or with third parties directly or indirectly through or in conjunction with your use of the App may cease to be under Wüdya’s control and Wüdya is not responsible or liable for any use or misuse or mishandling of such personal information by any other user or third party. If you share your personal information with other users and third parties, Wüdya is not required to take any steps to cause the return or deletion of such personal information in the hands of such other any other user or third parties from deleting your personal information stored outside of the App. WÜDYA’S OBLIGATIONS TO DELETE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION ARE LIMITED TO THAT PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT IS IN WÜDYA’S POSSESSION OR UNDER ITS CONTROL.
As indicated above, Wüdya exclusively owns all Aggregated Data and Aggregated Data will not be deleted or otherwise modified in conjunction with the deletion of your personal information.
If you opt out from the receipt of electronic communications from Wüdya or its services providers in conjunction with the operation of the Service, Wüdya may, in its sole discretion, cancel, suspend or restrict use of your Account.
The security of your personal information is important to Wüdya. Wüdya protects your personal information by maintaining physical, organizational and technological safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of such personal information. Personal information may only be accessed by persons within Wüdya and its service providers who require such access to provide the Services.
10. Communications and Interactions with Other Users
Personal Information in your Account’s public profile will be viewable by other users of the App. You may restrict access to certain personal information in your public profile by modifying the personal settings for your Account.
The App provides users with the opportunity to be introduced to other users and to engage with, communicate and interact with one another. In conjunction with the foregoing, Wudya may make specific personal information about you available to such other users based on the personal settings of your Account and other directions.
11. Use of Artificial Intelligence and Automated Decision-making
The App uses artificial intelligence, namely algorithms and automated processes, in terms of certain its features including, without limitation, interpersonal matching and making recommendations in terms of interpersonal compatibility. The foregoing may be undertaking through use of your personal information (including, without limitation, your personal characteristics, your stated personal preferences, feedback you provide in terms of other users and previous information and/or recommendations made by the App). Recommendations presented to you when using the App and recommendations to other users in terms of their own inquiries that may include or exclude you, are made through use of such automated processes without human intervention. The App also uses artificial intelligence in terms of:
- Validating Account information;
- Assessing Content provided by users;
- Responding to technical or user support inquiries;
- Assessing user engagement and retention;
- Assessing user sentiment in terms of their communications with Wüdya and/or its service providers; and
- Assessing user preferences through their use of the App and/or use of certain features and services of the App.
12. Third Party Apps and Websites
Wüdya is not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to within the App and/or the Content, nor the information, content, goods, and/or services contained therein or offered in conjunction therewith. Likewise, Wüdya is not responsible for any third party software (including, without limitation, any mobile device application) or service used in conjunction with the Services.